This is an invitation for you, to give yourself permission to be yourself fully. Yes. The permission to communicate your needs, and the permission to go for what your heart desires.
Understanding Selfish, Selfless and Self-Full
Being told ‘selfish’ multiple times, at first, I thought I was behaving wrongly to put myself first. Thankfully, I listened to Oprah Winfrey and Iyanla Vanzant’s conversation on Youtube: ‘Why You Should Put Yourself First’ : “it’s not selfish to put yourself first—it’s self-full”, Iyanla mentioned. Hence, 4 years later, after ‘walking the talk’, this series: “Becoming Self-Full” is created.
Hereby sharing the importance of filling our cup first, then what overflowing its for others. This phrase “Self-Full’ has changed my perspective as when I was being told behaving selfish again, the mind instantly shift to ‘self-full’, and I feel good about it. Note that I am coming from a place of low self-esteem since young, being told ‘self-fish’ is an achievement, somehow.
Here are my definitions:
Self-ish is where we put me-first, me-only excluding others.
- Egocentric, power driven;
- Prevents you from giving yourself;
- Rooted in insecurity by not having enough thus create separation.
Self-less is where we put other needs before own needs.
- Giving without personal gain;
- Tendency to be self sacrificing, self criticism, self depreciating;
- Tendency to act passively with the need of approval from others.
And, somewhere in between, there is..
Self-Full is an overflowing love from within to give to self and others.
- Enables you to give yourself with no intention to harm others;
- A healthy boundary so we have more to give ourselves and overflowing to others;
- Knowing you are enough which we give permission for others to do the same for themselves.
I am happy to share 5 chapters focusing on Emotional Awareness to becoming self-full (between self-fish & self-less), these are the topics of the series:
- Before We Start: Who am I? (Who are you?)
- Chapter 1: ‘Feel Your Feelings’,
- Chapter 2: ‘Release old Programmings’,
- Chapter 3: ‘Set Healthy Boundaries’,
- Chapter 4: ‘Speak Your Truth’,
- Chapter 5: ‘Resolving Conflict’.
How will you benefit from these sharing?
- My intention is to create content for us to discover our essence, aligning intentions (thoughts) with emotions (feelings).
- Then, how can we tap into the state of consciousness to express (communicate) our deepest needs and;
- You will feel good as it transforms our relationship with ourselves and our loved ones.
How Can You Start?
I intend to share this learnings to people who are facing similar situations. I have learned through personal experience with many guidance, this is a gift for those in need. If you find it helpful, you are encourage to share this to dear friends or family.
I am open to receive any means of exchange in funds, wisdom, healthy food, and more opportunities to share. Your contribution in anyways will help me in creating quality content, thank you for being here. PS: Download of the Mini Cards is available upon request.
Give yourself the permission to fall apart, to rebuild, to create the life you have always wanted by first allowing the change from within. This is an invitation to reclaim your power from something outside of yourself (relationships, career, wealth, children etc) back to your core self – consciousness.
Once we take good care of our needs knowing we deserve and we are worthy, we would create ripple effects on people around us, and thus create a harmonious collective as a whole. We do not need to fix the world or rescue others, just begin to heal ourselves, it will help the collective.
Now Is The Best Time 🙂
What would you answer if I were to ask you: “Who are you?”. Before we start, let’s find our common ground, explore some reflective questions from a bigger perspective. Read more: Here
3. Set Healthy Boundaries
This is an important topic for energetically sensitive people (empaths or givers). Learn ways to fill your cup first by setting healthy boundaries and saying ‘no”.
How do you feel now? Have you experience emotional blockage? Sharing ways to feel our emotions and allowing the emotion to go through complete cycle. Read more: Here
4. Speak Your Truth
Pick up “assertiveness” as an important skillset to communicate your deepest needs.Discover it is your right to express your feelings, needs and wants and how to say it.
2. Release Old Programmings
Most of our dominant beliefs (programmings) were developed since childhood, if it doesn’t serve your highest good, would you want ‘it’ to repeat or release it?
5. Resolving Conflict
Embrace difficult conversations as a mean to solve problems instead of avoiding conflict and fall into ‘victimhood’. Learn different techniques to work it out.